How to apply
- Before applying to a program, make sure you have thoroughly investigated your options by completing the steps outlined in the Getting Started section.
- To apply, go to the web flyer of the program you have selected. Only one application per student per term will be considered.
- Select the “Click Here to Apply” link on the web flyer to access the online application. NOTE: Applying to an exchange, co-sponsored, or direct-enroll program for the summer, semester, or academic year involves a 2-step process. First, you must apply and be approved to study abroad. Only after you receive Purdue Study Abroad approval can you formally apply to your overseas host institution. Applicants for departmental programs should meet with the Program Leader (see program web page) before applying online. Applicants from Purdue regional campuses must read this information before submitting an application.
- After you submit the online application, the screen will take you to your “My Study Abroad” page which will contain a checklist and instructions for each of the documents you need to submit in support of your application. These include: a transcript, a personal statement, recommendations, a photo, and proof that you have a passport or are applying for one.
- When your application is complete, it will go through the Purdue review. In a week or two after your application is reviewed, you will be notified whether or not you have been accepted to the Purdue Study Abroad Program. Heed the instructions for the next steps you need to take!
- All spring semester programs
- All academic year exchange programs in Japan
- Fall and academic year program at IES-Nagoya, Japan
- SIT-Public Health & Traditional Chinese Medicine summer program
- American University of Cairo (AUC)
- Purdue Summer internship programs (Beijing, London & Sydney)
- University College Dublin Summer Internship Program
- Hansard Scholars Internship Program
- Engineering Internship in Hannover
- SENSE Program, TU Braunschweig
- Aarhus business school
- All other summer programs
- All other fall and academic year programs
- Before you apply, make sure you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. Some programs are competitive and will adhere to these requirements. Others can accommodate students who have special circumstances. Please meet with a study abroad advisor to get complete information about eligibility.
- Most of our programs - with a small number of exceptions - follow the deadlines listed above; be sure to check the web page of your program of choice to see if it has a special deadline.
- Complete your application early! Some programs are popular and can reach the enrollment cap before the stated deadline.
- Be certain to list a serious second choice program. Some students cannot be accepted to their first choice and having a serious second choice avoids delays in approving applicants for study abroad.
- If an application deadline falls on a weekend, the deadline is automatically moved to the next business day.
- If the term you want is not listed for the program you have chosen, contact a study abroad advisor for clarification.