Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad. Pell Grant recipients may be eligible for thousands of dollars of financial aid for use on Study Abroad programs.
International study is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world. The Gilman Scholarship Program aims to support a diverse range of students who have been traditionally under-represented in study abroad, including but not limited to:
- Students with high financial need
- Students studying in non-traditional countries, especially those outside of Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand
- Students with diverse ethnic backgrounds
- Students from a diverse range of institutions including four-year, public, private, community colleges, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Tribal Colleges, Hispanic Serving Institutions and other Minority Serving Institutions.
- Students with disabilities
For more information, please contact the appropriate person below:
Students (last names A-K)
Students (last names L-Z)
NOTE: this scholarship is not applicable to students studying abroad in countries where there is a travel warning. Check the State Department's website for the current list.
Scholarship Type: General Scholarships