Program Details
Program Search
If you have questions about this program, email the program leader listed below.

Engagement Methods for International Food Security

The arrangements for the travel, housing, meals, excursions and course content of this program have been made by the leader. Questions about this program can only be answered by the program leader listed below.

Program Type Departmental
Program Location Cap-Haïtien, Haiti
Course # SA 21239
Duration Winter Break
Upcoming Program Dates
Winter Break 2019 12/27/19 to 01/05/20

Program Leader
Purdue University
Room 26 Agriculture Administration Building
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1168

Phone: 765-494-6876
Fax: 765-494-9613

Program Description

 This course will explore existing malnutrition, health, and economic issues and develop potential educational engagement strategies to improved nutrition with sustainable agricultural and animal sources of nutrients and improved access to clean water. Work and learn in Cap-Haïtien. Learn to contribute to sustainable community projects through application of agricultural and food sciences. Students will also be required to register for a preparation seminar fall 2019 and a course spring 2020.

CALLOUT: February 27th, 6 pm, CRTN 1011 - Flyer

 For more information contact:

 Dr. Mark Russell, YDAE,

 Program Website: Ag Study Abroad 

Program Cost

The fee for this program is estimated at $3000. This fee includes round-trip airfare from Indianapolis to Cap-Haitien, Haiti, lodging, in-country transportation, most meals meals, medical insurance, orientation materials, and administrative costs. Passport fees, a health physical, inoculations, and occasional meals are additional. Non-U.S. citizens may require a visa for travel to Haiti and are responsible for obtaining the required visa and fees.

Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600

© 2015 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Study Abroad

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact Study Abroad